Internship in Germany
A smart way to gain practical knowledge of Hotel Management & Hospitality, an Internship and Training is also identified as the best way to grab a full-time job. As Internship and Training offer excellent opportunities to test your theoretical skill sets as well as allows extending the professional network.
Hotel Management is a fast growing and highly challenging industry in Germany with massive international opportunities. Having a dynamic hotel industry, Germany is the best option for those who want to pursue their career in the said field. Customer Service is the major pillar of Hospitality and Hotel Management which needs profound teamwork, innovative mindset, all in all, a good service with creative thinking.
The internships and training within the Hotel Management industry are related to Front Office or Public Relations. Bookings, Commercial, Quality, Events Department, Kitchen as well as Food and Beverage Area can also be a part of the internship.
Hotel Management has become the fastest growing career field and picking up Germany for the internship and training will be very beneficial for students. Many students from various countries pursue their career in Hotel Management from Germany as it helps them make their career in the Hospitality Industry.
Being a Hotel Management Intern or a trainee you will have basically two areas where you can work
In recent years where people have more money and less free time, eating in restaurants has become a very common thing. Interning in a restaurant not only bound to cooking or serving but some good firms offer a corporate internship in areas like Menu Planning and Public Relations on one hand and a position of Wine Steward in another hand.
2. Hotels and Resorts
Working in a hotel/resort gives a new experience every day. Here you will get a chance to meet all sorts of people. If you are an intern or trainee at a chain of Hotels, you may often receive a chance to stay at their other location as a bonus.
The requirement for Training and Internships:-
- The training is possible for one year or More depending on the performance of the candidate.
- The internship will be of one year with a compulsory letter from College/institute mentioning that internship is part of their course.
- All academic documents from SLC Till date. (Diploma / Degree related to hospitality industry )
- Resume as per European standards.
- Supporting certificates of specializations (Not Compulsory )
Standard Routine of Intern or Trainee
The internship program includes Standard Tasks involving:
- Developing customer service policies and procedures
- Handling of face to face enquires of customers
- Checking guests in and out
- Concierge Assistance
- Assisting Front Office
- Responding to all the calls in an efficient way
- Planning and Organizing group arrivals
- Day to Day processing of group reservations as per reservation policy of Hotel
- Maintaining a positive approach to maximize yield in occupancy and rates
Kitchen / Bar
- Serving customers with Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Preparing Drinks
- Carrying out preparatory tasks like Cooking, Washing, Cutting, Mixing, etc
- Carry out Bar Service or Beverage Service during Hotel working hours
- Cooking of meals on request to make you quick on hands and flexible
- Assessing the quality of Products and Ingredients- Their freshness, storage life, etc
- Carrying out the preparations and execute adjustments
- To maintain the overall cleanliness of the entire hotel at all times.
- To perform cleanliness duties most efficiently and effectively.
- To use good quality, safe cleaning equipment, and chemicals.
- To manage laundry and linen.
- To control pests.
- To keep up the hotel with classy interior decoration.
- To take care of the furniture, fittings, and fixtures of the entire hotel.
Food and Beverage Server
- Provide Customer Service
- Take Orders
- Serve Food and Beverages
- Clean and Prepare Tables
- Process Payments
What motivates people to choose the Hospitality Industry as a Career and pursue it from Germany?
Choosing hospitality as a career depends on what a person seeks from choosing to work in the industry as
- It improves creative thinking: It has been proved that traveling broadens the mind. The monotony of a rigid routine does not promote flexibility and open-mindedness.
- The internship may be free of cost depending upon the profile of the candidate and requirements.
- It makes you learn to run small motels and large hotels effectively
- It improves Emotional Intelligence Skill which comes from experiencing a different culture, social interactions and understanding a way of creating a comfortable and perfect environment for people.
- It empowers you with collaboration, interpersonal and cultural awareness skill called soft skills.
- It gives you the real-world experience of the different country with people of different backgrounds with different values.
- It opens the doors to meet and socialize with people representing a wide range of nationalities with a wide range of places all over the world.
- Pursuing an internship from Germany not only grooms you professionally but also develops you as a better person
- Internship from Germany opens a wide range of job opportunities as it ranks among the top countries in the hospitality industry.
Procedure for Training and Internships:-
After sending the documents to Germany Hotel Industry shortlisted candidates will be informed and the interview will be conducted.
After successful passing of interview, contract letters and visa letters will be given from the concerned Hotel.